Babelshot still needs 20 beta testers to test around the edges and polish out user experience. You can see what the app currently looks like here and here. The requirements are simple:
- iPhone 3GS or previous generation iPhone with Clarifi case is recommended (but not required). Original iPhone and iPhone 3G without Clarifi case are limited to translating large fonts only and with lower OCR quality. iPod Touch owners are limited to manual input only.
- Non-English and second language speakers are welcome.
- Previous beta testing experience is a plus
What is expected from you:
- Install and use the app for reasonable period time
- Report any bugs or issues noticed.
- Provide honest feedback on general look and feel of the app.
If interested, comment here, send me your device ID to firstname.lastname@example.org or via DM @babelshot on Twitter. You can find device ID (UDID) in iTunes when device is connected. Let the fun begin!
I am implementing few minor UI tweaks based on feedback received from friend-testing. This was the last round of insider QA. The product is stable. Tomorrow I will send out first invitations for private beta testing. If you read this and would like to give it a shot, leave a comment or send an email to email@example.com.
You won’t believe how scared I am to think that a product of 4 months of hard labour will finally run on user devices. All feedback received so far was overwhelmingly positive and everybody is very, very excited about Babelshot and think it has a great future.
1 – select paragraph of German
2 – preview OCR results
3 – read English translation!